As much as I love to cook, I don’t bake often. But Isabella loves to bake so I have been trying to make more of an effort! And I like to create healthier versions of baked treats with my daughter to show her that healthier CAN be delicious! But it has to be simple too!
These muffins contain no oil, no flour, and no added sugars. Plus, they are full of protein. They are super moist, yummy, and are healthy enough to be eaten for breakfast or as a guilt free treat. I think I may make these again for the next school party that requires treats! Freeze if there are left overs and defrost as needed.
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups plain oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips ( optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine all wet ingredients in a large bowl and combine. I used a stand mixer but a hand mixer is fine. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until all combined. Fold in chocolate chips if using.
- Pour batter into muffin tins , either lined with paper muffin cups, or greased with coconut oil. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.