It’s no secret I love my slow cooker! But I do get tired of soups, stews, and chili from time to time. I decided to experiment a bit and I think I came up with the easiest dinner ever!! Anyone else need EASY? But still healthy and delicious? We are all crazy with work, activities, homework, scheduling…did I leave anything out? Some days I just don’t have the time or energy to spend in the kitchen. We really are trying NOT to order in too much. This is a recipe I will be putting in my rotation for sure. Read on for my recipe for Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken.
I promise you, it doesn’t get any easier than this! Throw all the ingredients ,including frozen chicken breasts, into the slow cooker and turn it on! That’s it! I served it over brown rice. Delicious, healthy Mexican food at home!
- 2 boneless, skinless Organic chicken breasts
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 package frozen corn
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or High for 4 hours.
- Shred chicken with fork and cook for another few minutes.